What is science and technology? In which paper are the questions asked?
Science and technology deals with the latest advancements in the technology and its uses in the current world. It aims to discuss its importance and relevance. The questions from this topic are asked in general studies paper 3.
The previous year paper analysis for the science and technology is given below:
Here are the number of questions asked in prelims from this section:
Number of questions
The paper analysis of this section is given below from the previous year mains paper:
Number of questions
Here is the type of questions asked in the previous paper of general studies. 3 from this section:
- What do you understand about nanotechnology and how is it helping in the health sector?
- How is science interwoven deeply with our lives? What are the striking changes in agriculture triggered by science-based technologies?
- COVID-19 pandemic has caused unprecedented devastation worldwide. However, technological advancements are being availed readily to win over the crisis. Give an account of how technology was sought to aid the management of the pandemic.
- What is India’s plan to have its own space station and how will it benefit our space programme?
- How can biotechnology help to improve the living standards of farmers?
- Give an account of the growth and development of nuclear science and technology in India. What is the advantage of a fast breeder reactor programme in India?
- How is the Government of India protecting traditional knowledge of medicine from patenting by pharmaceutical companies?
- Discuss the work of ‘Bose-Einstein Statistics’ done by Prof. Satyendra Nath Bose and show how it revolutionized the field of Physics.
- Why is there so much activity in the field of biotechnology in our country? How has this activity benefitted the field of biopharma?
- With growing energy needs should India keep on expanding its nuclear energy programme? Discuss the facts and fears associated with nuclear energy.
- Stem cell therapy is gaining popularity in India to treat a wide variety of medical conditions including leukaemia, Thalassemia, damaged cornea and several burns. Describe briefly what stem cell therapy is and what advantages it has over other treatments?
- India has achieved remarkable successes in unmanned space missions including the Chandrayaan and Mars Orbiter Mission, but has not ventured into manned space missions, both in terms of technology and logistics? Explain critically.
- What is allelopathy? Discuss its role in major cropping systems of irrigated agriculture.
- Discuss India’s achievements in the field of Space Science and Technology. How has the application of this technology has helped India in its socio-economic development?
- Why is nanotechnology one of the key technologies of the 21st century? Describe the salient features of Indian Government’s Mission on Nanoscience and Technology and the scope of its application in the development process of the country.