Hindi literature is one of the optional provided by upsc board.Hindi is the mother tongue of most of us but scoring in the same becomes very difficult,primarily because it requires a lot of effort in answer writing and language. Every year a lot of aspirants choose hindi literature as an optional mainly because of its concise syllabus and also it requires lesser time to prepare. Aspirants who have studied hindi literature in their graduation or have a keen interest in this subject choose this. Hindi has a number of dialects and the literature of which is included in the syllabus. It also includes a number of works of literary people and criticism of the same.
1.History of Hindi Language and Nagari Lipi.
- Grammatical and applied forms of Apbhransh, Awahatta & Arambhik Hindi.
- Development of Braj and Awadhi as literary language during the medieval period.
- Early form of Khari-boli in Siddha-Nath Sahitya, Khusero, Sant Sahitya, Rahim etc. and Dakhni Hindi.
- Development of Khari-boli and Nagari Lipi during the 19th Century.
- Standardization of Hindi Bhasha & Nagari Lipi.
- Development of Hindi as national Language during freedom movement.
- The development of Hindi as a National Language of the Union of India.
- Scientific & Technical development of Hindi Language.
- Prominent dialects of Hindi and their inter relationship.
- Salient features of Nagari Lipi and the efforts for its reform & Standard form of Hindi.
- Grammatical structure of Standard Hindi.
2.History of Hindi Literature.
The relevance and importance of Hindi literature and tradition of writing History of Hindi Literature.
Literary trends of the following four periods of history of Hindi Literature.
A : Adikal-Sidh, Nath and Raso Sahitya.Prominent poets-Chandvardai, Khusaro, Hemchandra, Vidyapati
B : Bhaktikal-Sant Kavyadhara, Sufi Kavyadhara, Krishna Bhaktidhara and Ram Bhaktidhara.
Prominent Poets-Kabir, Jayasi, Sur & Tulsi.
C: Ritikal-Ritikavya, Ritibaddhakavya & Riti Mukta Kavya.
Prominent Poets-Keshav, Bihari, Padmakar and Ghananand.
D : Adhunik Kal
- Renaissance, the development of Prose, Bharatendu Mandal.
- Prominent Writers : Bharatendu, Bal Krishna Bhatt & Pratap Narain Mishra.
- Prominent trends of modern Hindi Poetry : Chhayavad, Pragativad, Proyogvad, Nai Kavita, Navgeet and Contemporary poetry and Janvadi Kavita.
- Prominent Poets : Maithili Sharan Gupta, Prasad, Nirala, Mahadevi, Dinkar, Agyeya, Muktibodh, Nagarjun.
- Upanyas & Realism
- The origin and development of Hindi Novels.
- Prominent Novelists : Premchand, Jainendra, Yashpal, Renu and Bhism Sahani.
- The origin and development of Hindi short story.
- Prominent short Story Writers : Premchand, Prasad, Agyeya, Mohan Rakesh & Krishna Shobti.
4.Drama & Theatre
- The origin & Development of Hindi Drama.
- Prominent Dramatists : Bharatendu, Prasad, Jagdish Chandra Mathur, Ram Kumar Verma, Mohan Rakesh.
- The development of Hindi Theature.
- The origin and development of Hindi criticism : Saiddhantik, Vyavharik, Pragativadi, Manovishleshanvadi & Nai Alochana.
- Prominent critics : Ramchandra Shukla, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma & Nagendra.
6.The other forms of Hindi prose-
Lalit Nibandh, Rekhachitra, Sansmaran, Yatra-vrittant.
Kabir : Kabir Granthawali, Ed, Shyam Sundar Das (First hundred Sakhis.)
Surdas : Bhramar Gitsar, Ed. Ramchandra Shukla (First hundred Padas)
Tulsidas : Ramchrit Manas (Sundar Kand) Kavitawali (Uttar Kand).
Jayasi : Padmawat Ed. Shyam Sundar Das (Sinhal Dwip Khand & Nagmativiyog Khand)
Bihari : Bihari Ratnakar Ed. Jagnnath Prasad Ratnakar (First 100 Dohas)
Maithili Sharan Gupta : Bharat Bharati
Prasad : Kamayani (Chinta and Sharddha Sarg)
Nirala : Rag-Virag, Ed. Ram Vilas Sharma (Ram Ki Shakti Puja & Kukurmutta).
Dinkar : Kurushetra
Agyeya : Angan Ke Par Dwar (Asadhya Vina)
Muktiboth : Brahma Rakshas
Nagarjun : Badal Ko Ghirte Dekha Hai, Akal Ke Bad, Harijan Gatha.
Bharatendu : Bharat Durdasha
Mohan Rakesh : Ashad Ka Ek Din
Ramchandra Shukla : Chintamani (Part I)
(Kavita Kya Hai] Shraddha Aur Bhakti)
Dr. Satyendra : Nibandh Nilaya-Bal Krishna Bhatt, Premchand, Gulab Rai, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma, Agyeya, Kuber Nath Rai.
Premchand : Godan, Premchand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai, Manjusha – Premchand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai
Prasad : Skandgupta
Yashpal : Divya
Phaniswar Nath Renu : Maila Anchal
Mannu Bhandari : Mahabhoj
Rajendra Yadav : Ek Dunia Samanantar (All Stories)
- Aadhunik Sahitya ki Pravritiyan – Namavar Sinha
- Jaayasee Aakalan ke Aayaam- Sadanand Shaahee
- Kabeer –Param Anand Srivastav
- Kabeer ke Sabad – Dr. Sukadev Sinha
- Khadi Boli ka Prarambhik Swaroop – Nilesh Jain
- Mahaabhoj Mulyankan ke Paripekshy – Sadaanand Shaahee
- Mohan Raakesh aur Ashadh ka Ek din –Gireesh Rastogi
- Niraala Rachita Raam Kee Shakti Pooja Bhaashy –Dr. Surya Prasaad Dikshit
- Prasāda Aura Skandgupta – Dr. Rēvatīramana
- Triveni – Acharya Ramachandra Shukla